Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Inappropriate Conversations, Pt. 1

Roomie and I had some school chums com visit recently, the Hippy and the Geek, whom we used to work with. We went out to eat at a place near the apartment, and got to sit on the rooftop patio. The food was really good, but that's not what I'm here to write about.

Later that night, back at the apartment, Roomie is sitting on the couch massacring what's left of the icecream cake. I'm making fun of her for acting like a crazy drunk person (she wasn't drunk, but that's a whole other story), I was going to start throwing things at her, since she wouldn't remember anyway.

"My roommate used to throw things at me," she says, referring to Crazy Kate.

"Didn't we see her in Bemidji, outside Keg?" Hippy asks. "Good thing Roomie stayed home."

"Yeah, CK might have started throwing things.... rocks, small children..." I smirk in the corner.

"Well, if you have to throw something heavy," Geek chimes in.

"And then kids scream, sounds like an incoming missal. Then they flail..." I'm enjoying this far too much. "Makes it easy to hit multiple targets."

"Hey now," Hippy cuts in, mock serious, "Let's not give the terrorists any ideas."

"Yeah, lob one kid, watch the whole crowd go down," I laugh.

"It's better than throwing IUD's into crowds," Hippy says. Wait.... what?! There's a moment of silence.

"That would properly combat an excess of children," I say as we laugh ourselves silly and sick.

These days we should take the treat of terrorism and IEDs seriously. But it you're already talking about kid-missles, there's no point in worrying about being politically correct.

Cheers,
Alette

No comments: